Thursday, November 12, 2009

#32: Try 10 New Recipes (1/10)

Tonight I made Green Chile Quiche. I've never made any kind of quiche before, and several weeks ago David and I were at a brunch where the hostess made the following recipe. Delicious! We asked for the recipe, and tonight I finally had the opportunity to give a try.  During this time of year we often get green chilies and roasted chilies from our CSA, and to be honest I usually trade them out because I don't often know the best ways to use them. After making this quiche, however, I think I found a new staple. Another plus was that I was also able to use some of our CSA goat cheese instead of the Monterey Jack it called for.  Since we do subscribe to a CSA, I really enjoy finding recipes that use multiple CSA ingredients so that I have less to pick up from the grocery store. I took some step by step by step photos and included the recipe after the jump.




Chopped green and red chilies on top of the crust. I used about 3 roasted chilies in lieu of canned green chilies.



I topped the chilies with crumbled goat cheese and topped with the egg mixture. I skipped the salt, parsley, and hot pepper sauce and instead used my default seasoning of choice, a garlic and herb mix.


You bake until the edges are golden brown. Mmmm, so delicious!

And here is the original recipe:

1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
 cans (4 oz each) diced green chiles
1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, cubed
3 large eggs, beaten
3 tblsp milk
1/2 tsp salt
Dash bottled hot pepper sauce
2 tbls. parsley

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Separate the crescent roll dough into 8 triangles. Place in an ungreased 8 or 9 inch pie pan, pressing pieces together to form a crust. Seal well.
Cover the bottom of the crust with the green chiles. Place the cheese on top of the chiles.
Mix the eggs, milk, seasonings and parsley together and pour over the top.
Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment